Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: The Year Of Wholehearted Living

So unbelieveably, here we are on the last day of 2011. I can't believe how this year has flown, January was only yesterday, right? Apparently not. 2011 has been... interesting, challenging, and many other things - as a certain dear friend would say - 'whack'. There's been many a moment when I just wanted to scream, "Can't this year be over already?!" But challenging as times have been at several points, I didn't run, I didn't numb, I didn't collapse in a heap; somehow this year has been one of finding a calm within the storm, and allowing the good, the bad, and the inbetween to take their course, without fear, and with faith that "It will all find its way in time." 'Let go' has been my mantra, allowing life and all within it to flow, believing that what is meant to be present will return.

And you know what? It did. It always does, and it's having those experiences and coming through the other side of day that has allowed me to embrace such situations trusting the universe will carry me to where I'm meant to be - eventually. This is the wholehearted living that Brene Brown speaks of, and the personal philosophy I've adopted in the last few years. This year was the year of not just talking, but walking, breathing, and living it. That means the good, the bad, the joyous, the scary, the unexpected, the challenging - all of it. And as the year got older, I've found gratitude for the challenges, because they showed me that I wasn't just talking - I was walking this wholehearted, vulnerable, all-embracing, life path - fearlessly. And, not alone. Allowing other people in on the times I was feeling overwhelmed or struggling was a challenge in itself for me - a new one - but my gratitude for the people who've been on my side this year is unending. You know who you are, but you may not know just how much of an impact you've had on my life this year - thank you. All of you.

The last week or so, as I've reflected on the year and the people who've come into my life, and those who've moved on; as changes have continued to light my life, I've realised that 2011 has actually been one of the best years of my existence. It may have been a rough ride, but I'm so grateful for where it's taken me, and so excited for the road ahead, into 2012 and beyond.
So as the sun sets on this year, and a new one dawns, wishing you all a wonderful New Years, and look forward to sharing 2012 with love, light, sunshine, and peace.

"I'm glad you're on my side, still."

No comments:

Post a Comment