Friday, September 9, 2011

Quotation: Dream Outside The Box

"There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, "Yes, I've got dreams, of course I've got dreams." Then they put the box away and bring it out once in a while to look in it, and yep, they're still there. These are great dreams, but they never even get out of the box. It takes an uncommon amount of guts to put your dreams on the line, to hold them up and say, "How good or how bad am I?" That's where courage comes in." 
- Erma Louise Bombeck -


“I have a relationship with paint and from within that relationship I feel a sense of comfort and safety sharing my emotions on canvas. I am an emotional artist and I paint what I am feeling. Pain, sorrow, joy, happiness, anger, defeat, hope - for some reason when those feelings are woven within 'art' - there is a freedom in being so vulnerable. Vulnerability connects us. It affects us. It's a little bit terrifying and a little bit magical.” 
- Kal Barteski -

“Society gets set up in a way that there are the creative people and the noncreative people, but everybody has access to the creative force. You might express it in a way that’s very different from how people think you should do it, but I really encourage people to find that voice. To me, everybody is like a fragment of the Divine. That’s what I try to put out there, even though certain fragments of the Divine that I want to fucking shoot …”
- Tori Amos –

No comments:

Post a Comment