Friday, September 23, 2011

Quotation: Grains Of Sand

“Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't, it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.”
- Barack Obama -

“Time management systems are tricky beasts. They may help us be more productive, but not necessarily less stressed, or more fulfilled, or more in touch with our true nature. We may look freer with our priorities all tidy, but too often, time remains the master and we get "given" time for obeying the system. I'd rather be fulfilled than obedient. And it turns out that when I'm fulfilled, I'm...fulfilled -- whether I'm productive or not. And that gives me plenty of energy to be more focused on what matters most, which makes me truly productive. It's a beautiful thing.” 
- Danielle LaPorte -

“I don't want to sit on the sidelines and not value the gift of being here. Instead of the idea of time ticking away, the grains of sand running out, I try to think of time as giving me another grain of sand, another gift. So time passing is an accumulation, rather than a diminishing.”
- Tori Amos -
 

No comments:

Post a Comment