Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Quotation: Music Is A Mirror


"Whatever you want to do with your personal life, your career, your brand – it’s all there inside you. You don’t need to ask anyone for permission or approval. You have all the answers. Instead of running to the latest workshop or guru, you need to slow down and tap into your gut wisdom. My gut never leaves me astray."
- Kris Carr -

"Do not assume that divine guidance flows only when you are in need of help. Guidance continues to flow whether or not you have problems. It transcends problems, heartbreaks, and traumas, flowing through dreams and illuminations. Whether guidance comes during times of tranquility or trauma, however, it is up to you to have the courage to acknowledge it."
- Caroline Myss -

I believe your spine responds to music in a way that it might not respond to visuals. That sound can reach inside you in a very primal way. I like to create these sonic resorts that people can walk into and never leave their chair. Then they can take it back into their own physical structure. Music is a mirror that lets the listener say, ‘I can be in the stillness in this two-bar phrase, so I can be in the stillness in my life.’ And that might not seem like a lot, but this is how you expand the soul.”
 Tori Amos -

No comments:

Post a Comment