Sunday, October 30, 2011

Quotation: Living In Imaginary Worlds

"After a decade of studying topics like vulnerability, shame, and courage, I’ve come to believe that our lives are a powerful collection of stories – truths about who we are, what we believe, what we come from, how we struggle, and how we are strong.


When we practice the courage it takes to own our story, we gain access to our worthiness – the feeling that we are enough just as we are, and that we are worthy of love and belonging.

If we spend a lifetime trying to distance ourselves from the parts of our lives that don’t fit with who we think we’re supposed to be, we stand outside of our story and hustle for our worthiness by constantly performing, perfecting, pleasing, and proving.
Hustling is all about shame. When we understand shame and start to cultivate shame resilience we can start to stand strong in the center of our story."
- Brene Brown -

"I was imaginative, a bit of a dreamer but quite a timid child. I wasn’t confident – I think childhood is one of the most uncertain and terrifying places to be. I don’t know if I’d want to go back there. But I do remember being completely involved in imaginary games that would last for days, weeks. It was always magic, sorcery, living in trees. A lot of just living in imaginary worlds. I don’t think I’ve lost that. It’s just now I’m doing it as a job."
- Florence Welch -

"There's room for everybody on the planet to be creative and conscious if you are your own person. If you're trying to be like somebody else, then there isn't."
- Tori Amos -

No comments:

Post a Comment