Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quotation: Sounds Of The Universe

“To overcome perfectionism, we need to be able to acknowledge our vulnerabilities to the universal experiences of shame, judgement and blame; develop shame resilience; and practice self-compassion. When we become more loving and compassionate with ourselves and we begin to practice shame resilience, we can embrace our imperfections. It is in the process of embracing our imperfections that we find our truest gifts: courage, compassion, and connection.”
- Brene Brown -

“To have uncategorized feelings and emotions. To make or do things that don’t sometimes necessarily make sense. “Art” is all just perfectly imperfect. Once the word “Art” enters the description of what your up to it is almost like getting a hall pass from perfection. It thankfully releases us from any expectation of perfection. In relation to my own work not being perfect, I just always point to the tattered box behind the couch and mention the word  “Art” and people seem to understand and let you off the hook about being perfect and go back to their business.”
- Nicholas Wilton -

“Music is something that chooses us, and it’s truly an elixir. I’ve never experienced anything in my life like music. Because it doesn’t make demands in the way that a relationship does. I do feel like it’s boundless and endless. And when I read that there’s tone out in the galaxy -- I was reading somewhere the other day, that there was a place that had a b flat – that was it’s tone[one of my favourite keys] - and I was just thinking to myself, the idea, the sounds that the universe makes, creates… and WE are a part of that. When we want to give up and have a hard day, when we feel like we don’t fit here on the planet. We have this opportunity to be part of creativity, and that is just- that’s why we’re here.”
- Tori Amos –

No comments:

Post a Comment